School of Academic/ Faculty
School of Law
School of Law
Our Master of Arts in Law is tailored to provide you with the intellectual skills and professional expertise required in specialist areas of law, such as Criminal, Commercial, Corporate, and IT Law, amongst others.
This Postgraduate programme is also a necessary stepping stone to a PhD. It will enable you to make academic contacts and develop the necessary research and writing skills required to undertake further academic study. The Master of Arts in Law also allows lawyers to further develop their careers in a direction of their choosing. This programme births multilingual, international lawyers who can be attractive candidates for “in-house” roles, especially with companies looking to expand into new markets.
With this Course, You Will:
- Develop a wide range of generic key transferable skills which are useful in whatever career path you choose to pursue
- Be exposed to legal research and writing, analysis, critical evaluation and logical thinking as well as written and verbal communication
- Be sought after by leading law firms actively seeking to recruit individuals with exceptional academics, a commitment to law, strong communication skills and a broad perspective
January, May & September
- A Bachelor Degree in the field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the HEP Senate, or
- A Bachelor Degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment, and
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (i) to (ii).