九月入学 September Intake
This programme aims to prepare professional Visual Arts teachers and community-based artists who possess subject knowledge and demonstrate competency in both education and various forms of creative arts.
Graduates will become competent art teachers in Hong Kong and can work in a broad range of positions such as curators for art museums and galleries; administrators of arts-and-cultural related organisations; researchers in cultural studies; professional artists and designers; and arts educators.
九月入学 September Intake
5年 5 Years
Acceptable non-local qualifications for Malaysian students:
- Grade C or above in at least 6 subjects at UEC (Senior Middle Level) in one sitting; or
- Grade C or above in at least 3 subjects in Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) in the same sitting, other than language subjects.
Recognised English Language Qualification(s):
- Band 4 (Aggregated Score 180-219) or above in Malaysian University English Test (MUET); or
- Grade C or above in SPM English Language; or
- Grade C or above in STPM English Language; or
- Grade B4 or above in UEC-Senior English Language; or
- General English Language Requirements
For other acceptable non-local qualifications, please refer to https://www.apply.eduhk.hk/ug/nonlocal.
港币70万元（学费或会有所调整） HK$700,000 (subject to annual review)
Graduates of the programme will be creative and disciplined thinkers, fluent in written, oral and visual communication. With professional enthusiasm, students are equipped with specialised subject knowledge, contemporary teaching strategies and skills in curriculum planning for Visual Arts education in both primary and secondary schools. Furthermore, the Internship programme will train students to become cultural expertise who have interdisciplinary knowledge in cross-arts issues and management. Future job/advanced study opportunities are numerous. Our graduates will possess the following qualifications and job/study opportunities:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in primary or secondary schools in Hong Kong subject to the decision of the Education Bureau (EDB);
- Ability to work competently in a broad range of positions such as curators for art museums and galleries, administrators of arts organisations, researchers in cultural studies, professional artists and designers, and art educators; and
- Eligibility to pursue local and overseas higher degree level programmes in education and creative arts disciplines.
Note: Students admitted into this programme are normally assigned a focus of study (i.e. primary or secondary level) by the end of their first year of study. The focus of study will be reflected in the arrangements for their Field Experience and adopted for the purpose of application for Qualified Teacher Status in Hong Kong upon graduation. This programme is designed to provide students with the disciplinary and professional competency to teach in both primary and secondary schools. However, recognition of Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) in primary or secondary schools in Hong Kong is subject to the decision of the Education Bureau (EDB). Graduates of this programme are required to approach the Teacher Registration Section of the EDB to submit applications directly and all applications will be assessed by the EDB.